Welcome to RENAISSANCE RE/MAX
RENAISSANCE RE/MAX, LLC, its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “RENAISSANCE RE/MAX,” “us,” “our,” or “we”), respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Privacy Notice (“Notice”).
This Notice describes our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information, including personal information, and the choices you may have. We have made our Notice easy to navigate by providing quick access to the information you may care about and easy to understand by using plain English.
We strongly urge you to read this Notice from beginning to end.
Overview and Scope Information We Collect How we use the information we collect legal basis for collecting and using the information we collect how we share the information we collect California residents your rights and choice information security information retention links to other websites and social media Children International Data Transfers from the EEA or Switzerland/MAX brokers and sales associated changes to this Notice Contact Us!
Overview and Scope –
We believe that you should know what information we collect from you and how we use it and that you should have meaningful control over both. This Notice describes how we collect and use information, including personal information, with which we share information, your rights, and choices, and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Please note that RENAISSANCE RE/MAX is a real estate company that operates through a franchise system. RENAISSANCE RE/MAX’s real estate brokerage offices are owned and operated by franchisees who are independent businessmen and businesswomen. In turn, these brokerages retain the services of sales associates (real estate agents), who are independent contractors. This Notice does not apply to the privacy practices of RENAISSANCE RE/MAX real estate brokers or their sales associates or to any websites or mobile applications they may independently operate. Please consult with our franchisees and sales associates to learn more about their privacy practices.
Information We Collect –
When you access our websites or use our mobile applications (“Online Services”), contact us, or otherwise interact with us (collectively, “Services”), we collect personal information about you. Personal information is information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may also receive personal information about you from other sources. We may combine the personal information you provide to us with information that is collected through automated methods and with information we receive from other sources. Information we collect about you may include:
- When you create an account: Through our Online Services you may create an account to, for example, save property searches, sign up for property alerts, access our real estate resources, and for other features, we may add from time to time (“Account”). When you create an Account, we collect your first and last name, email address, username, and password. If you wish, you may provide us your phone number, street address, and a state, city, or zip code. We use this personal information to respond to your requests, manage and correspond with you about your account, send you information and newsletters related to real estate markets, properties, sales associates, and/or other information we think may interest you, to connect you with a sales associates who can assist you in your home buying or home selling process, and for other matters described in this Notice.
- When you contact us: When you contact us with questions about our Services, our business, or other matters, we will use any personal information you provided us, including, for example, your name, email, and phone to resolve your request or answer your questions, or to provide additional information related to your inquiry. We may place you on our marketing list for information related to your inquiry or which we otherwise believe would be of interest to you, and we may otherwise use your personal information as described in this Notice. You will always have the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us by following the instructions provided in our communication.
- Information we automatically collect through our Online Services: As is true with many websites and applications, our Online Services automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits, including traffic data, location data (if enabled), logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Online Services, and information about your computer, mobile device, internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Online Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Online Services and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Online Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you when you return to the Online Services.
How we use the information we collect –
We use information that we collected or that you provided to us, including any personal information:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including connecting you with a RENAISSANCE RE/MAX brokerage or sales associate.
- To personalize your experience on our Online Services and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Online Services, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Online Services, products and services, databases, and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Online Services, products, and Services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
Legal basis for collecting and using the information we collect –
We only use the information we collect about you or that you provided to us for the purposes set forth in this Notice and based on the following legal grounds:
- Your consent (as permitted by applicable law);
- Our legitimate business interests, including:
- managing our relationship with you;
- managing our relationship with RENAISSANCE RE/MAX real estate brokerages and sales associates;
- direct marketing;
- product development and enhancement;
- fraud and financial crime detection and prevention;
- information, system, network, and cyber security;
- general corporate operations and due diligence;
- To provide services to you; and
- To comply with a legal obligation and/or defend against legal claims.
How we share the information we collect –
We share the information we collect about you or that you provided to us as described in this Notice:
- The RENAISSANCE RE/MAX Network. We may share this information within the RENAISSANCE RE/MAX Network. The RENAISSANCE RE/MAX Network includes RENAISSANCE RE/MAX, our affiliates, our subsidiaries, our franchisees, and our sales associates.
- Service providers. We may share this information with service providers who provide certain services on our behalf’s such as data hosting or processing services. These service providers may need to access this information to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose this information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require these service providers to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of the information they process on our behalf.
- Business partners. We may share this information with third-party business partners. We require our business partners to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of the information they process on our behalf.
- Anonymized information. We may share analyses of our server logs, traffic, or information relating to customer leads, including details regarding the usage of the Online Services and general information about our audience, with current or potential advertisers or business partners. Such disclosures typically aggregate usage data from these analyses and other information not generally considered being personal information.
- Corporate Transactions. In addition, in the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred, or may be disclosed (subject to confidentiality restrictions) during the due diligence process. If such a transfer occurs, the acquiring company’s use of your personal information will still be subject to this Notice and the privacy choices you have made.
California residents –
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit CCPA Privacy Notice.
Your rights and choices –
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information:
Electronic communications –
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our services. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from RENAISSANCE RE/MAX brokers or RENAISSANCE RE/MAX sales associates, you may opt out via the unsubscribe link included in those emails or contact them directly.
Your Account –
If you created an Account, you can always access your personal information by logging into your account. If you have trouble or you need further assistance with accessing your Account or deleting your Account, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Your data protection rights –
Depending on where you reside and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regards to the personal information you shared with us:
- The right to request confirmation of whether we process personal information relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal information;
- The right to request that we rectify or update personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated;
- The right to request that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances provided by law;
- The right to request that we restrict the use of your personal information in certain circumstances; for example, while we consider a request to update your personal information;
- The right to request that we sent to another company, where technically feasible, your personal information;
- The right to withdraw consent to processing your personal information that you previously gave; and
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances.
In order to exercise these rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will comply with your request to the extent required by applicable law. If you feel that you have not received a satisfactory response from us, you may consult with the data protection authority in your country.
Information security –
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. For this reason, we maintain organizational, physical, and technical security arrangements designed to protect personal information within our organization against unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, or misuse. We periodically review our security measures and update them accordingly. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secured.
Information retention –
We store your personal information in our servers and on the servers of the cloud-based database management services we engage, located in the United States and Canada. We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected your personal information unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Links to other websites and social media –
Our Online Services may offer links to websites, apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, that are run by third parties. If you visit a third-party website, you should read the website’s privacy notice, terms and conditions, and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of third parties. Any personal information you give to those organizations is dealt with under their privacy notice, terms and conditions, and other policies.
The Online Services are not intended or directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information relating to children or track their use of the Online Services.
International data transfer –
Your personal information may be accessed, stored, and processed in a country where we have operations or where we engaged service providers. This means that we may transfer personal information that we maintain about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. The data protection and privacy laws in those countries may offer a lower level of protection than the data protection and privacy laws of your country. By using our Services, you acknowledge that such transfers of information outside of your country of residency may occur.
Transfers from the EEA or Switzerland –
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we comply with applicable laws to provide an adequate level of data protection for the transfer of your information to the United States and for onward transfers. RENAISSANCE RE/MAX is certified under the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, and accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, and recourse/enforcement/liability, and to the extent applicable, the supplemental principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit www.privacyshield.gov. In addition, we rely on derogations for specific situations as set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR. In particular, we collect and transfer to the U.S. information with your consent, or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
We encourage you to contact us if you have any concerns about our compliance with the Privacy Shield. Any questions or concerns should be sent to email@example.com. We will respond to complaints related to the Privacy Shield within 45 days. If a complaint cannot be resolved informally, we have agreed to participate in the JAMS dispute resolution procedures pursuant to the Privacy Shield principles. EEA and Switzerland residents with unresolved complaints may refer them to JAMS as described at www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. Under certain circumstances, these dispute resolution processes may result in your ability to invoke binding arbitration. RENAISSANCE RE/MAX is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
RENAISSANCE RE/MAX brokers and sales associates –
If you are a RENAISSANCE RE/MAX broker or a sales associate, you can learn more about what personal information we collect from you, how we use it, and how you can contact us by reviewing the Privacy Notice on remax.net.
Changes to this Notice –
We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility. For this reason, we may, from time to time, make changes to this Notice. Changes to this Notice will be made on this page. The date this Notice was last revised is identified on the top of this Notice. We encourage you to visit this page frequently to stay informed of any changes to this Notice.